[rollei_list] Entertainers WAS: Re: Re: Happy MLK Day

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:09:41 -0500

On Jan 22, 2009, at 10:45 AM, austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Opera
is not living uncomfortably. I'm still not sure what it is exactly she
does to make all that money ;-)

She provides millions and millions of eyeballs to her customers. Remember, folks, the customers of TV broadcasters are advertisers. Viewers are the product sold to them.

BTW, Austin, one of your earlier comments reminded me of one of my favorite quotations:

"Government is the Entertainment Division of the military-industrial complex."
-Frank Zappa

Best wishes,
Aaron "No Rollei Content so far this Year - Keep the Flame Alive!"