[rollei_list] Enlarger question - Beseler 23C

  • From: Jaime Kopchinski <jaimekop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 10:34:55 -0500

Hello Friends,
I have an opportunity to pick up a Beseler 23C with 23dga color head.  Is
anyone familiar with this setup?  I'm specifically interested in what
formats of film its suitable for (35mm, 120, 4x5?)  and how it compares to
the Omega C760 head I currently use.

I will say I'm not overly impressed with the build quality of the Omega
head.  I have concerns of the consistency of film position, light leaks,
etc.  Its also worth noting its the only enlarger I've ever seen, and i got
it for free  :-)

As for the rest of my current enlarger, I have no idea who made it, but it
appears to be of good quality with a wood base, single aluminum channel
mounts the head with internal counter weights.  I suppose it could be made
by Omega also, but I don't seen any name plate on it.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jaime