[rollei_list] Re: Electronic Flash Question

  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 04:07:18 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

-----Original Message-----

     You are not doing anything wrong. I am not sure what could cause this
problem.  I suggest testing the shutter without the strobe to see if it works
right. It is just possible that the strobe trigger could cause the flash
contacts to fuse but I have not heard that this is a problem with Compur
shutters.
      The flash synchronizer in the camera is part of the shutter. It is
essentially a very sort interval self timer. When in X, for strobe, the
mechanism is disabled. The flash contact is made just as the shutter reaches
wide open. When the lever is in M, the delay mechanism is cocked and connected.
When you trip the shutter the flash contact works immediately, fireing the
bulb, but the synchronizer delays the opening of the shutter for enough time
for the bulb to come up  to full brightness.

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx