[rollei_list] Re: Electronic Flash Question

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:04:59 -0800

Hi Tim.

It is odd the shutter stayed open. Have you tried it without the flash being
attached? The flash should not have any effect on the shutter staying open.
Try setting your MX to 1/60 and F8. Set flash to X and take a photo. Shutter
should operate normally.
The 5 pins on the flash are for Nikon's proprietary signaling between their
newer SLRs and the flash. The main pin is the standard X sync. The easiest
way to adapt it is to find a standard hot show to sync cord adapter. I use
these on occasion. They have the standard X sync contact in the proper
position, and it goes right to the sync cord you will plug in your Rollei.
Personally, I think using your Nikon flash is a waste of time. I would opt
for an inexpensive Vivitar you can easily use with more control since the
Nikon will only work in non-auto mode where you will need to use Guide
Numbers and set the power accordingly.

Peter K

On 2/12/06, Tim Eitniear <timeitniear@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>    I have a Automat MX TLR and last night I tried to connect by Nikon
> SB-28
> flash to the camera.  I had the MX switch set to X and after I took the
> first picture the shutter stayed open.  If I switched back to M the
> shutter
> closed.  Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the
> camera?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim

Peter K