[rollei_list] Re: E-Mail Clients

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:33:31 -0800

At 08:26 PM 11/27/2005 -0500, Bernard wrote:

At work, we tend to think in terms of years between reboots. Upgrades are much less frequent than that. We did get lucky about four years back when equipment from failed dot com's flooded the market (bringing the cost of a server from that of a nice house to that of a small car). I don't expect that we will need to upgrade again until 2010 or 2012. With any luck at all, we may only have a few minutes of downtime between now and then.
Macs and PC's (and the applications that are sold to run on them) still have a ways to go before they start to offer true reliability.

Bernard

Could it be that you office is using some version of Unix?

SCO recently ran a survey for the longest up time and it was 18-19 years.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA