[rollei_list] Re: E-Mail Clients

  • From: Bernard <bernard_cousineau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:26:31 -0500

At work, we tend to think in terms of years between reboots. Upgrades are much less frequent than that. We did get lucky about four years back when equipment from failed dot com's flooded the market (bringing the cost of a server from that of a nice house to that of a small car). I don't expect that we will need to upgrade again until 2010 or 2012. With any luck at all, we may only have a few minutes of downtime between now and then.
Macs and PC's (and the applications that are sold to run on them) still have a ways to go before they start to offer true reliability.

Bernard

B*llocks, my experience is the exact opposite, and I use both systems.
The best advice with any software is only upgrade if you need the new features - or are inconvenienced by the resolved bugs.
Frank
 those who cannot think use Macs
and upgrade constantly;  those who comprehend stick with PC's and stick
with software which works.

--- Rollei List