[rollei_list] Re: "E" ID

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:39:45 -0300

2009/12/14 CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Yes Elias, the camera was made in 1965 or perhaps at the beginning of
> 1966 according the Rollei Report II second and reviewed edition,  3.5
> F cameras from 2299547 to  2814999 SN were made from 1965 up to 1966,..."

I add that the SN block mentioned above is a typical sample about the
way F&H handled the serial numbers for their different TLR models,
the models between 2299547 to 2814999 are not 3.5F cameras only, you
can find 3.5E2, 3.5E3, 2.8E2, 2.8E3, Tele- Rolleiflex, Wideangle
Rolleiflex, some T, Rolleimagic I and II and Rolleicord Vb too within
this serial block, it explains the 515452 units included within this
block; however Rollei payed special attention to avoid duplicated
serial numbers for two different units, it was never found two
original Rollei TLR cameras with identical serial numbers.