[rollei_list] Re: Digital Rollei

  • From: "Roger Wiser" <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:48:41 -0500

 Hi Dirk-Roger,
As you probably already know, Minox had a small digital baby Rollei. It was more of a replica in appearance. There are no listings on eBay for these, however the following site has info.

XXXX.http://www.techradar.com/reviews/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/compact-cameras/minox-rollei-minidigi-5-0-af-435062/reviewXXXX

It used to price at about $150 but is probably more now. Minox has a copy of a small Rolleiflex film camera on eBay It's quite expensive.

I am a volunteer worker in the "tech" products area at a resale shop operated by a private high school. I am amazed at the photographic cameras that are disposed of. The plastic point & shoot, zoom lens , have little or no resale value. That includes Canon, Nikon and Minolta. I trashed about 20 last week because of overstock. Even the SLR film cameras have drastically dropped in value and their interchangeable lens have too. I had one Contax that sold right away. No Rolleis yet. I think a good share of film cameras have been given and now we are getting the earlier digital still cameras and also a horde of digital motion cameras that are now grossly obsolete. Used digitals do not bring the comparable resale price that the film cameras used to in the pre digital age.

I never realized how the consumer film camera market had plunged until I helped in this resale shop. The eBay listings sure verify this.

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: <Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx>