[rollei_list] Re: Difficult To Load?

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 21:08:57 +0200

At 14:31 Uhr -0400 2.8.2010, Marc James Small wrote:
>At 02:24 PM 8/2/2010, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
>
> >Contax II prewar film loading system is not so simple like for the
> >newer Japanese cameras, but it's still pretty easy except for the fact
> >today it's necessary to cut the film leader to insert it in the short
> >taking spool slots,

The pre-war Contax spool I have here has both a symmetrical middle slot, to
which you'd have to tailor modern film leaders, and a longer, asymmetric,
wave-formed slot. The latter would, I guess, work perfectly with today's
film leader shape.

>The later take-up spools (1854 to 1973)

:-0

>have a notch on one side allowing the film leader to be
>inserted without the need for any additional clipping.  It is VERY fast.

Absolutely. You stick the film perforation into the slot, and the spool
will cling to it. No dropped spools. Which is why I ab sorry about having
to go back to the Contax II spool.

        hauke