[rollei_list] Re: Difficult To Load?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:56:28 -0300

2010/8/2 Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The pre-war Contax spool I have here has both a symmetrical middle slot, to
> which you'd have to tailor modern film leaders, and a longer, asymmetric,
> wave-formed slot. The latter would, I guess, work perfectly with today's
> film leader shape.

Yes, that is my spool too; thanks to Marc post I read again the
instructions to load the Contax II with 35mm cartridges and discovered
that my taking spool has the longer wave-formed slot like you
described, however this slot external part is broken close to the
basis for my spool,  the regular film leader has almost nothing to
held it in the spool and then I only can use the shorter slot by
trimming the film leader.
Anyway this is not a serious problem, if you think to shoot a lot of
film you only need to prepare the film leaders, it's a touch to trim
them after you got practice.