[rollei_list] Re: Diagram of Heidosmat viewing lense and Tessar 1:3.5 f=75mm lenses?

  • From: "Dave Hunter" <dhunter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:14:51 -0300

Hi Richard:

I was able to make an aggreement with the vendor of the Rollieflex MX
I bought off eBay a couple of weeks ago, and which turned out to be
little more than a parts camera.

Perhaps its largest problem was the viewing lense, which had been
etched badly by fungus....

So, this morning, I got brave or foolish (use whichever you prefer),
removed the face, and dissassembled that lense. I was able to clean
off the damage very carefully using a fine plastic polish (Novus),
and the lense turned out remarkably well. Then while re-assembling it
I ran across the bi-concave lense and noticed it is hard to tell
which way it should be turned... Hopefully I do have it re-assembled
correctly - that might be the only problem. However, the end result
is a major improvement - I can actually see through the viewfinder.
Now, comes the problem of getting the viewfinder adjusted in synch
with the taking lense so that they both focus at the same point....

It is all a learning curve for me, but I am used to working on small
mechanical devices, so I kow all will work out in the end...

Thanks for your response!

Dave