[rollei_list] Re: Darkrooms are doomed? - Re: Well, this looks pretty tas...

  • From: Bernard Cousineau <bernard_cousineau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

> The last two weddings I've attended were photographed entirely in
> b&w, tri-x, one with Nikon F100 and M6, the other with Hasselblad.  I
> spoke to the photographers and both said they were both getting more
> requests for wedding packages ALL in film, all in b&w.  The digicam
> wedding is déclassé.

There's a park in town that is packed tight with wedding parties every
Saturday. Last time I went, I noticed that all of the photographers were using
medium format film (no exceptions). This wasn't the case two years ago.
I guess that couples who signed-on for "all digital" weddings did not like the
results. And told their friends.

Mind you, these were formals. They may have used other equipment for the
ceremony and for candids.

I mentioned this to a friend at a pro shop and he confirmed that all but the
cheapest wedding photographers in town are shooting film.

Bernard

http://mail.yahoo.com