[rollei_list] Re: DC-3 on Ilford

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 16:41:14 -0700

I had a chance to walk through Winston Churchill's air limo from WWII, a DC-3 dressed for comfort. Wow, what an airplane. We have one or two at the Long Beach Airport, CA. I'm still trying to figure out a way to do a ride along.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Aug 4, 2006, at 8:12 PM, Craig Roberts wrote:

For the DC-3 fans, here's a Rollei shot of the same old girl on Ilford Delta 100.
www.aerialacts.com/DC_3_2.jpg

My first flight as a passenger in a DC-3 was in 1964 from St. Louis to Bloomington, Illinois via Ozark Air Lines. My old Boy Scout Aviation merit badge counselor was the captain, so I got to sit up front for a little while. I was hooked. Four years later I was winged as a Naval Aviator.and though for the bulk of my Navy career I flew F-4 Phantom IIs and, later F-14 Tomcats, I never lost my desire to, someday, pilot a DC-3. I finally got the chance in 1982 in the right seat of a PBA (Provincetown Boston Airlines) DC-3. Several years later I spent more money than I care to admit and my wife knows about earning my DC-3 type rating. If a machine can have a soul, this one does.

Craig Roberts
Washington, DC