[rollei_list] Re: Bellows... "Light Seal Tube" ,"Light Seal Ring"

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:18:21 +0000 (GMT)

Five years ago I bought from John S Craig
(Craigcameras)in Torrington a Rollei Manual Service
edited by Rollei Werke Franke & Heidecke on 1974, it
covers the more detailed descriptions of Rolleiflex
TLR cameras that you can imagine from 1956 to 1974 -of
course- with hundreds of exploded views; however it is
a complex manual with several internal codes to
identify simple parts, complex parts and cameras,  it
also has sections for the exploded views according the
camera main mechanisms and then it contains some
crossed references that you need to interpret...
Yesterday my former wife  had time to look for it
and gave me back the manual. I read it again after
almost four years...
The manual has some general commentaries in German,
English and French, however the parts description, the
parts index, the parts catalog and repairing
instructions are in German and English only.
Last night I noticed that wrote to the list
considering the parts for the cameras housing assembly
only, for some cameras like the 3.5F and 2.8F also
it's necessary to cross the info with the exploded
views and parts described for the cameras lens carrier
and then I discovered that the 2.8F and the 3.5F later
model have a specific "Light Seal ring" for the camera
housing assembly and they have a specific rigid
"Light Seal Tube" for the lens carrier, yes, they have
both pieces together.
Also I discovered that the 3.5F earlier models that
use the fabric or cloth "Light Seal Tube" use a
similar but different piece if the lens is Planar or
if it's a Xenotar...
Also I discovered that the cameras (3.5 and 2.8) that
use the cloth or fabric "Light Seal Tube" don't show
for the camera housing assembly exploded view and
parts description a "Light Seal Ring" like the 2.8F,
3.5F later model, 28E3 and 3.5E3.
Finally I must say that I confused the code numbers
for the 3.5C or E and the 3.5E2, they don't use a
"Light Seal ring", they use a fabric or cloth "Light
Seal Tube".
Despite the manual shows parts descriptions and
exploded views for the Rolleiflex T I did not find
data about "Light Seal ring" or "Light Seal Tube" for
this camera, perhaps some pages are lacking, I don't
know...
The Rollei TLR cameras are a marvelous and very
complex mechanism, according I could see in the manual
to obtain a right and exact adjustment for several
parts  you need very specific tools and a Collimator,
a good technician is always a good technician, I'll
never try to touch my cameras if I do not have the
adequate tools (and knowledge to use them)...
Now I understand what Mr Prochnow meant using his
basic English saying regarding the "Light Seal","...it
can look different for every calculation..."

All the best
Carlos

--- Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
escribió:

> [...]
> > > holders. It's glued in a slot
> > > sround the lens hole in the camera body. If it
> > looks
> > > like it moves, it's
> > > just the fibers bowing when the lens tube moves.
> > >
> > > The ring Prochnow talks about, that "looks
> > different
> > > according each
> > > calculation" could be the lens tube. The velvet
> > felt
> > > is just a light trap,
> > > and can't do anything to improve the results
> other
> > > than avoiding light
> > > leaks.
> > >
> > > I got a new lens tube in one of my Rolleis I
> sent
> > > for repair. Don't know why
> > > it was replaced (the old one looked good in my
> > > eyes), but the repairman
> > > didn't charge me anything extra for that.
> > >
> > > /Patric

> > <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> IV
> > > and
> > appears
> > it's
> 2.8C,
> moves
>
> > > the
> no
> > the
> > that
> > Prochnow
> > > membrane
> are
> > > very
> as
> > > you
> > sun,
> > > bit
> > > photo.
> > seen
> > > in
> > for

> > > ---
> > > Rollei List
> > >
> > > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >
> > > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > with 'subscribe'
> > > in the subject field OR by logging into
> > > www.freelists.org
> > >
> > > - Unsubscribe at
> rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > with
> > > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
> > > into www.freelists.org
> > >
> > > - Online, searchable archives are available at
> > > //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list

> > Correo Yahoo!
> > Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y
> > antispam ¡gratis!
> > ¡Abrí tu cuenta ya! - http://correo.yahoo.com.ar
> > ---
> > Rollei List
> >
> > - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > with 'subscribe'
> > in the subject field OR by logging into
> > www.freelists.org

> > with
> > 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging
> > into www.freelists.org

> 1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
> Correo Yahoo!, el mejor correo web del mundo

=== message truncated ===