[rollei_list] Re: Batteries

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:23:41 -0500

Hi Eric,

You make a somewhat funny point that I hadn't thought of.  I have checked
the F1 meter using mercury vs higher voltage SO against each other for
accuracy, and found what I stated.  But, I don't believe I specifically
checked the accuracy of the original mercury batteries against, say, a
Gossen LunaPro, during the same testing.  Or, perhaps I did, and don't
remember...but I can't say for sure.  But, I have tested my F-1s at at least
three points in the metering range while I calibrate them (I still have a
supply of mercury batteries, so that's what I use), and the readings were
reasonably accurate.

Regards,

Austin