[rollei_list] Re: Back to Photoshop

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:36:23 -0500

> I mentioned a new book a while back which I like very much compared to the
> others.  As indicated in the response above I have been using Elements since
> it was first released with good success.  I just thought the book I had
> mentioned was nice in that it includes some files to down load for practice.
>
> After mentioning the book I kept getting helpful suggestions about "better
> books" and "millions of books" and "You could fill a bookstore with Photoshop
> Books".  I am simply trying to shut off that chain of messages.
>
> I get along quite nicely with Elements 7 and don't plan to go to Photoshop.
> My scanner works just fine, the computer works just fine, Elements works just
> fine.  I can even do layers with Elements.
>
> I also use IrfanView for quick fixes and have ever since it was released.
>
> I have had at least one digital camera since the early Olympus systems came
> out, those with the correction element which helps create normal incidence on
> the sensor, and during the time this forum was seriously arguing against
> digital cameras.
>
> Regards,
>
> DAW

Well most people if they say something and they get all kinds of peoples
saying stuff about it  on the list as time goes by they feel real good about
it like its their very own thread.
By the way no mention above as to what your output is.
Jpegs you look at on your iphone
4x6 ft murals?
Uploads to  photo galleries?
As your output becomes more critical and demanding so would your technique
and tools you use.

Lots of talk about hammers. But none about if its rafter framing or model
bird house making that we're talking about.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner