[rollei_list] Re: Avedon self-portrait 1963

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:55:58 -0600

At 12:37 PM 12/15/2010, Emmanuel Bigler wrote, in part:

In principle, a true self-portrait in a mirror should deliver a
reversed image with the release button of the 'flex in the left-hand
of the photographer ! And a direct, non-reversed image, if the camera
was relased with a long (pneumatic ?) cable release !!

A little amusement- When you look at your image in the mirror and move your right hand the person in the image "appears" to move his left hand, thus "reversing" the image. Assuming this is true, why isn't the image inverted so that the feet are above the head.

One more, forgive the grammar- I can tell you what time it is but can you tell me what time is?

DAW