[rollei_list] Re: Asking for some advice - Rolllei 6006

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:36:53 +0100

Bernard,

The factory website lists repairers in Germany -
http://www.franke-heidecke.net/

Also see http://www.stutterheim.org/rolleigraphy/rolleiflex_service.htm for
repairers in France, although with the electronic cameras, I think they have
to go back to one of the German repairers who have spares. I emailed Papeake
a year ago about my 6006, which has a meter problem. They said that they
needed to see the camera to give an estimate but to avoid a waste of
carriage costs, they 'guestimated' about £200. You can buy a secondhand body
for that price...

You've probably checked but:

Is the slide open?
Is the fuse OK?
Is the battery giving 9.6V - one of the cells may have failed. The charger
lights will still show it as fully charged if one has lost its ability to
retain a charge. My initial guess would be the battery pack. Unscrew the
little screws, remove the connector cap and test the back of the terminals
with a multimeter. The voltage should be above 9.6v if fully charged. If
just over one volt lower, suspect a failed cell. There are 10 cells in
series giving 9.6v. If faulty, that can be re-celled for about £50 in the UK
but there will be somewhere in France.

John