[rollei_list] Re: Alpa

  • From: "Jerry Laderberg" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:29:14 -0400

I had a 10d and found it clunky and awkward, so I sold it and now have a model 6 and I am very happy with it. That sounds like a huge step backward, but only TTL metering has been lost. I say this because no Alpa is a fast handling camera. So hand held spot metering and knob winding present no drawbacks.

BTW, Alpa lenses are quite costly but I was able to put together a set of Enna Sockel lenses and an Alpa base ( 35,50,90,135, and 240 mm ) and saved a lot. I've found the Enna set to be very good. Komura also made Alpa mounts for some of their UNI lenses. I have a 24 f4 which is fine.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marvin" <marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>