[rollei_list] ADMIN: Hyphenated Genetic Designations

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:43:17 -0400

At 06:53 PM 10/18/05 -0400, Dan Kalish wrote:

>This came up in my representing, on appeal, an African-American convicted of
>burglary.  He was tried right here in Queens County by a Justice Agresta, a
>white Italian-American judge.

Pray, stop this nonsense.  US citizens are US citzens, and it stops at
that.  You represented an American citizen convicted of burglary, and he
was sentenced by a US citizen who happened to be a judge.  That the Judge
allowed racial bias to creep into the resus of the trial, as you contend,
is a horrid part, but one part of the USian heritage is that we are
attempting to be the great melting pot so that folks recognize themselves
as USians first.  I am a US citizen whose family have been over here before
we had immigration barriers, e;lse I''d be e-Mailing you from Scotland or
Ireland.  We snuck in, when the standards were low.  Still, my folks came
over lawfully, as anyone arriving was lawful back then, and we went our
way.  None of us have ever gone bankrupt, noone of us have ever gotten
rich, and so be it.

Please cease this hyphenated citizenship designation.  There are no
African-American citizens or Italian-American citizens.  There are just US
citizens, the intent of the founding fathers and the intent of this List
Owner, in any event.  And violations of law are resolved all the time by
the US legal system.  So be it, and let us not get wrapped around the axle
on these points.

Marc James Small
Rollei List Owner

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx