[rollei_list] Re: 6000 series question

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 11:23:56 EDT

I had a circuit board problem with a 6006 (type one) which was fixed by
Marflex very quickly for a couple hundred bucks.  I traded that outfit soon
after
for something more reliable.  Rollei's never had a good rep for electronic
goods and after problems with what should have been a very simple Rollei B&W
film
enlarger I gave up on them.
I'd buy an SL66 or another TLR in a heartbeat if all checked out at the right
price.
Health, Peace
Lance
Selma, NC 27576
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a message dated 8/10/2007 11:16:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I've replaced all the lens motors on lenses made for the SLX and
6006. All, every camera I've owned, had circuit board problems. The
bodies are not very hardy for field, handheld use. I've replaced
circuit boards, two mirrors and accompanying hardware, and transport
gears in every camera I've owned.
The PQ, and PQS lenses are like energizer bunnies, no problems, they
keep going and going.
The current body I own, a 6003 pro, bought new, I've replaced the
boards three times. Once under warranty, twice on my own dime ($300).

s.d.