[rollei_list] Re: 2.8F models...the 3.5/75 six elements (again), the answ...

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:42:21 EST

In a message dated 1/3/2006 2:07:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
peterk727@xxxxxxxxx writes:
OK. I think I understand what was meant by meeting the quality standards
guaranteed to Rollei. The key point her is "Constant Quality." So the newer
batch
would be more consistent in quality and you would more likely get a sharp lens
if you bought a Rollei with the newer 75mm 6-element Planar or Xenotar. While
the 5-element would not have been as consistent in terms of
quality/sharpness. Now the question is, why did they not change the 75mm lens
to a 6-element
version on the 3.5E3 TLRs made until 1965?

Peter K
They didn't?