[rollei_list] Re: 2.8E, film advance/frame counter

  • From: "Scott Hamming" <Scott.Hamming@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:52:14 -0500

     Sorry to post again, as it appears the list has been busy today,
and my initial inquiry was rather Spartan.  I'm on a business trip with
very limited film, and have already wasted 2 rolls, and the counter
doesn't seem to be resetting correctly.  After my last roll this AM and
exposing 12 frames, it forwarded to the next "blank", at which time I
re-loaded, spooled the film, closed the door, and wound toward frame 1
(S.O.P.). To my dismay, it stopped on frame 10. So I attempted the
process again with similar results.

     It seems once the film is loaded to the uppermost spool and the
rear door closed, the counter reverts to the 10th frame -- after a
visual inspection that the counter is beyond the 12 marker when the door
is open.  Grrrr...  This recurred 2 times, and despite my 'tinkering'
with what appears to be the tensioning spool directly behind the take up
spool.

Is there some manner in which I can re-set the counter?  What's changed?
Have I managed to overlook a basic Rollei rule - again?  Regards,

Scott Hamming