[rollei_list] Re: 2.8C ideal aperture / Kodak Pro. Portra NC & VC

  • From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:32:30 -0600

Is it still possible to sign up for the Kodak offer?   What's the link?

Hello E.
Same here, I also got the nice tube and films from Kodak and have yet to use them. Carried my 3,5 E Xenotar on a 10-day tour to Germany in November but had no chance for a single shot. The days I could take time to "dink around" were always completely rained out and the days will over-full agendas were brilliant: Cologne cathedral under purple early morning sky on train back to Cologne/Bonn airport, for example - sigh!. Also, don't travel with a 13-year old if you want to stop & fiddle with your Rollei...
Jan

From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello all,
Who was it that suggested we send in our name and address to Kodak
though a link offering trial rolls of film? I forget, but thank you. I got my four rolls: two 135 Portra NC (160 & 400), and two 120 Portra VC (160 & 400). NC for Natural Color, and V for vivid. I'll probably run the 120 VC through my Rollieflex over the weekend. Our Town Hall is all lit up for the holidays, and I was thinking of a night shot, any advice?
To abide by the rules and keep this "On Topic", the question is
really this: since the camera will be on a secure tripod and the
exposure will be in seconds, will it matter what aperture I select.
Is there a "best" opening for the 80 Planar?
Thanks,
E.