[rodgersorgan] Re: [rodgers_insignia] MIDI Problems

  • From: George Husson <georganist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:47:27 -0700 (PDT)

If I may add to what Noel said, I have two of the three organ manuals -- the
one for the i577, since I am privileged to own one of them in my house -- and
the the one for the Trillium organs, since I play a 957 in my church.  These
are really great books.  They are nicely laid out so as to not make your eyes
cross and they have the inside "scoop" that the big, oh
it's-just-too-overwhelming-to-read, is missing.

They are worth owning and reading.  I either print them out, 3-hole punch them
and put them in a binder or, if I'm feeling really ambitious, take them to
Kinko's and have a heavy cover with spiral binding (either plastic or wire) put
on.  I keep them in the bench so they are readily available.  If you're like
me, you may have mastered a concept, but if you don't use it for a while, you
forget.  The books as a reference tool are so valuable.

And, if I remember correctly, Noel and co. GUARANTEES all of the products that
he sells.  So, if you take a look and find it's not for you, he will either
give you the chance to grab another product, or refund your money.

I began working with Noel (read that: getting help from Noel) in the early
stages of Frog Music Press and I'm so darned happy that he is providing a
service for Rodgers users who otherwise might just be playing the organ,
without all the fun stuff we can do with our toys, like the PR-300S.  The
dealers usually understand how all this stuff works, but it is often hard for
them to find time to provide one-on-one lessons.  This is the next best thing.
I am constantly harping to my dealer that Frog Music Press is out there,
especially to help with excellent MIDI repertoire for the PR-300S.  Often times
this sequencer just gets dusty from non-use.  However, I must say that in my
case, two of them were readily used by being removed from the organ console.
Guard your PR-300S!

--George Husson
  San Francsico

noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

"That was indeed covered in the i577 manual, but in a manner
so cryptic that it is nearly useless to those of us who are MIDI newbies."

Bill,

It would be helpful if that section were titled:

"What to do when you get piano all the time when hooking up a MIDI box that
isn't a PR-300!"

The PLAYING GUIDES TO THE TRILLIUM, PDI, INSIGNIA ORGANS (three different
books)
and the PLAYING MIDI LIVE AT THE RODGERS ORGAN and USING THE PR-#OO were all
writen by us here at Frog Music Press in response to questions posed by users
out in the field, and they are popular books.

They do not replace the owners manuals, but people find them
helpful...remember,
we have had the great advantage of hindsight in writing them! Writing owners
manuals for new equipment must be a harrowing job.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

!