[rodgersorgan] Why the serial number?

  • From: noel jones <zimbelstern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:00:39 -0400

Keith Hutson has written to remind me and you that the serial number is
important, for it tells a lot, especially since Rodgers is a builder
that maintains a high quality control level and on occasion updates come
along for problems that we have never seen...meaning that a glitch can
be discovered in New Zealand and days later in the US Rodgers has
created and issued an update for your instrument. before you know that
you have a problem.

If you have a problem and your serial number shows that your instrument
was built before the update and the update has not been done in the
service records of the tech, it makes the organ very easy to fix.

There are those who check in every so often to see if there are updates
available...dealers seem to welcome the contact with customers, so don't
hesitate to ask...

Funny story...a former list member wrote to complain about a problem
with the operation of his Rodgers.  Problem was documented and an
update, that required about two hours of labor, was provided free for
the tech to go out and fix, under labor warranty from the dealer.

No charge for the entire package. $Zilch. start to finish.

Organist was not happy.  He wanted to do it himself.

Rodgers stands behind their instruments.

noel