[rodgersorganusers] Well, it is church night in the South

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:17:52 -0500

And quiet on the net...

Following our dialogue the last few days since the introduction of the
MX-200 concerning price publishing...

As a wrap up to our recent conversations on the net ( and a number off
the net), the following seems true:

It appear that, though there are strong opinions, that it would be
welcomed by many  buyers and sellers alike if there was a yardstick on
the Rodgers Organ Web Site:

1. Each organ model listed with a typical complement of speakers (not
the stripped down basic organ and speakers, but doubled manual cabinets)
and a price for that organ, installed in the average setting in the
Portland, Oregon area.

2. Each accessory, PR-300 and so on listed with price.

3. A disclaimer that one needs to take into consideration shipping,
custom additions to the instrument required at the request or dreams of
the customer  or the size of the building and so on....your price will
vary.  If much more equipment is needed it may vary greatly.

4. A polite restriction, as per another major manufacturer, that prices
below a certain % under the prices listed may not be published.  This
solves the problem of a dealer who might send out flyers with a very,
very low price as a come-on to customers...to the detriment of
neighboring dealers who may not have the wherewithal to offer such a
price.  And remember with nationwide long distance information and the
internet, we are all neighbors now.

5. The dealer/representative still may sell for whatever price they need
to fulfill the wishes of the customer, training and support.

Thank you all for a frank discussion and keeping your wits about you.

I am forwarding this to Rodgers management.

I would also suggest that if you wish, you may also add your
comments...and a supportive comment about how you like the Rodgers Users
Group would be nice as well...to Lloyd Robbins, Executive Vice-President
at Rodgers Instruments, lrobbins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Though I have only been at the Rodgers Factory one time I can tell you
all that the impression I got of Rodgers twenty years ago, far before I
had the opportunity to work with Rodgers personnel, the one thing that
is especially wonderful at Rodgers is the open minded attitude.  I have
experienced it over the phone for years and got to see it in action last
November on a visit out there.

They really seem interested in people and want to know what people
want...as is evidenced by the interest they haved created in their
latest product....we wouldn't be talking about price if so many of you
were not interested in buying an MX-200!

noel jones

If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!

Shop for Playing Guides to your Rodgers Organ at Frog Music Press