[rodgersorgan] Re: Thank You

  • From: "lynn" <lynnorganist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:35:22 -0400

Hello Harold, I sometimes thought the same thing.As a church organist,  I
had been playing at EVERY liturgy for 9 years without taking a
single,weekend off. Then one year the Music Director suggested we could take
a weekend or two off if the parish cantors and didn't have any wedding
obligations. I was a bit confused figuring God never takes a weekend off and
certainly the church is NEVER "closed for vacation". Well anyway I thought
it would be nice to have Sunday breakfast with my family so I jumped at it.
I also thought the congregation would like a weekend without music - boy was
I wrong!  When I returned the next weekend, several of the senior ladies and
gents ran up to me saying "Where were you - we were lost without you."  I
somehow thought my absence wouldn't be missed, and that they didn't really
appreciate me. One lady told me with tears in her eyes, that my music was so
touching. The recent loss of her husband left her with a deep void. She said
"he always loved your music, he loved to sing, and he felt so Vibrant and
refreshed as he left church". She said as much as she was alone in the pew
now, she is never "alone" because she can still feel the presence of her
late- husband and Jesus on either side of her. She thanked me and gave me a
hug. I later left at the end of mass feeling "Vibrant and refreshed." I
thanked God for all my blessings and asked Him to guide my hands ,feet and
heart. Please don't get discouraged. Our Lord loves the work you do. You are
helping others in many unseen ways. Sincerely, Lynn Bartlett (organist,
Church of the Holy Ghost, Whitman, MA)
Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com

To post send messages to: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx