[rodgersorgan] Stops you will not find....

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 23:34:51 -0500

Based upon today's date:

Since it is April Fool's Day - one of our trusty post office window
agents spent 3 hours this morning believing a radio report that since
only half the people were fully utilizing daylight savings time and so
on that at 12 noon today, all were to turn their clocks back only a half
an hour....

Anyhow, there have been stories of strange stops...there was a famous
organ in northern Ohio that included a stop that when pulled out blew a
blast of air across the music rack...intended to put off any organist
who sat down and pulled all the stops...

An organ was installed in the chapel at the English Lutheran Church in
Mansfield, Ohio with a stop added engraved, PULPIT OFF, at the request
of the organist, wife of the pastor.

I also enjoy complaints about the Unison Off not sounding.

Today I stopped by a church on a service call to check some pedals and
also because "The metronome won't work on the PR-300.".  Envisioning
crawling around on the pedalboard to reach the tiny control for the
metronome volume on the back of the PR-300 which is in a drawer...I was
pleased to find they had turned the Volume on the PR-300 all the way to
the left.  No volume, no metronome..no crawling around on the pedals.

The church my wife served in Ohio had bats, who would dive bomb the
console when she played mixtures....she though it is, and still is,
great. That organ could use a GROUND THE BATS stop.

Any others?

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa