[rodgersorgan] Ron Pearcy RESIDENCE ORGAM NEW ZEALAND

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:34:26 -0500

I have just spent a very enjoyable evening listening to a new CD from
New Zealand, "More Than You Know" .  Many of you know Ron Pearcy through
his participation from this list since the beginning.  I have had the CD
for a couple of weeks and listened to it in the car, and liked it, but
hearing it through the home system with a fire going, a bit of snow
outside and all made a great evening.

As you may recall, Ron has been a proponent of the theater organ and has
a lovely Rodgers 360 enhanced by hours and hours of work and Kurzweill
Units. For those who have not been exposed to the sound of a great
theater organ this will explain a lot about why people like them.  Ron's
done great work here, getting this instrument recorded.  It's one thing
to say that the theater organ is important....another to hear why.

I am putting together a web page about this recording but had to take a
moment to tell you that this is some elegant playing on a lovely
instrument.  The match between Barry Brinson and  this instrument is
perfect.

Ordering info will be posted, I will let all know when the site is up.
IF you can't wait, email the list and Ron will get back to you.  I
believe the charge is $20 US, includes shipment and all from NZ to
wherever you are.....if this in inaccurate, please correct me, Ron.

By the way, there is a great arrangement of the theme from the James
Herriot Vet BBC series, a great favorite here n the US and throughout
the world.  And then' there's the Choral Prelude on All The Things You
Are by Brinson himself.  As the jazz players say, This Guy's Got Chops!

Ron, thanks for sending this along.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa