[rodgersorgan] Re: Re acoustics and tuning

  • From: "Shirley J. Boyken" <boyken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:40:40 -0700

Noel & Jane....
I couldn't agree with your comments more about "sterile" playing and more.
It reminds me of my days of teaching organ and piano......many times I had
students that read the notes perfectly and performed the piece to perfection
and then I would tell them, That's fine, wonderful, etc. but now we need to
make it "music". They would look at me strangely and then we would proceed
with the rest of the preparation. also reminds me once of a comment my
mother made to me as a teenager..." you've played that piece well, but you
just haven't lived long enough!" I was so ticked with her at the time but
now I understand the meaning. Great comments....all of you.
Shirley, AZ

A MIDI Musical Christmas for the PR-300 and Organ Solo is in final production
at Frog Music Press!

go to our website at www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html