[rodgersorgan] Public domain organ music update (xpost)

  • From: "Jonathan Orwig" <giwro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PIPORG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pipchat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:02:17 -0700

Hello friends,

About 9 months ago I asked the lists to give me an idea about the interest
in putting Public Domain organ
music on the internet for download.  Many of you expressd an interest, some
of you even offered to help

I am sorry to say I have not gotten much completed in the last 9 months, and
most of the folks who initially
offered to help seem to have found it too much of a burden (not all - some
of you kindly sent lists of your
PD treasures to me... thanks, and you know who you are! <grin>)

Now for the good news....

I am happy to report that I have started the huge task of scanning the 8
volume series "Les Maitres Contemporains
de l'orgue", and will report my progress on the list(s) as I wade through
this task.  I have 2 of the volumes in my possession,
a friend will be supplying 3 more, and I solicit your help to find the
remaining 3 volumes.... those being volumes 4,5 and 7.

There is much fine, easy, sight-readable music in these volumes (and some
more challenging works as well in Vol 7 and 8)

I would be glad to post a link for the first 8 pages of volume 6 if there is
sufficient interest... please be kind about the quality
of the scans, as these are very old and fragile scores... I've cleaned them
up as much as I can without taking hours per page,
but there are still parts of the music that didn't scan well, especially
near the edges.

Best to all,

Jonathan Orwig

---

Soon to be published for the Rodgers Organ: Sommer Sonaten für Orgel - Summer
Sonatas for Organ and MIDI Orchestra!