[rodgersorgan] Re: Need recommendation on Mics for recording Organ Music

  • From: "John G. (Jack) Cormack" <jackjack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:16:32 -0500

At 03:43 PM 12/05/2002 -0800, John Jarvis wrote:

>I am in the market to purchase a couple of decent microphones for
>recording pipe organ music and also will use them in my piano studio.
>Does anyone have a recommendation for microphones to handle digital
>recordings of a large pipe organ all the way down to an intimate chamber
>setting of piano.  I do not want to spend much more than $100 per mic
>and would appreciate any recommendation you may have.

John:

We recently bought a pair of AT 4041 mikes with cables from 8thstreet.com
for $399.  That makes them about twice the price that you would like to
pay.  On the other hand, quality does not come cheaply.  We have used
the mikes in conjunction with a digital preamp and are completely satisfied
with the sound.  Have used the mikes to record genuine 32 foot pedal
as well as other ranks up to 1 foot on a 66 rank pipe organ with outstanding
quality.  In addition to the wide frequency response, they handle transients
very well -- such as glock chimes, etc.

Sincerely,

Jack Cormack
Potomac, Maryland

-

May all your bloopers be grace notes this hoiliday season! From the Staff at FMP

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html