[rodgersorgan] MT-90s - and pricing in general

  • From: noel jones <zimbelstern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:54:03 -0400

Jim mentions the MT-90s.  At this time it is not available through
Rodgers, but can be purchased through Roland dealers and has a very wide
variation at this time in street price.  I found it on the Music Mansion
web site with a MSRP of $895. (in other words, Jim done good,  An
internet search located similar pricing not uncommon)

How is it possible to explain such a wide variation in price?  You may
have (or probably have not) noticed a lack of pricing information on our
site.  The reason is that to quote a price for an organ that is accurate
for you where you are is almost impossible to do...pricing is based
partly on what the organ itself costs...add antiphonals, increase the
speakers to match your room, wiring, delivery installation, extended
warranty, training time, overhead as far as store expenses, seminars,
clinic attended by sales staff, clinics and workshops given by sales
staff and others...the way your local Rodgers representative runs the
territory is reflected in the pricing.

In the case of consumer electronics...it is possible to pay full
price...or a deeply  discounted price when the seller can afford to and
wants to sell a whole lot of something and has no expense in training,
setup and followup.

I have seen people shop for pianos...buy one from a dealer out of state
to save sales tax and to get a better 'deal' and when a defect is found
they expect the local dealer to take care of the problem.  Some do, some
don't. Would you? Interesting problem.

Discussion on this subject is permitted, but will be moderated.
--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

Now shipping:  HERITAGE HYMNS for the PR-300 and organ solo...play with a MIDI
Orchestra.