[rodgersorgan] Re: rodgersorgan Digest V1 #53

  • From: "jim chisholm" <jimpeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:46:18 -0500

Noel and other users:

I want to report that, acting upon Noel's suggestion, I have had good luck
in setting up my new Allen with the Roland MT90 sound module.  I know most
of you have Rodgers organs at home and this may not be interesting, but for
non-Rodgers owners, you wish to know the MT90 is an inexpensive (but less
capable) substitute for the PR300s.  The MT90 can be purchased for less than
$400.

The positive aspects of the MT90 is that (1) it will perfectly play
prerecorded midi discs accurately through the organ sound system (just like
the PR300) and (2)  allows the organist to preset midi voices from the
module on an organ piston and play those voices on the organ manuals.

The negative aspects are that it is not a sequencer (but just a player) and
it will not play the organ (only the midi voices), also it is restricted to
only the GM voices.  Nevertheless, it provides an inexpensive upgrade for
those not fortunate to own a PR300s.

Thanks, NOEL and another user, whom I am sorry to say I have lost your name.

I appreciate getting useful and practical information from this group.

jim chisholm, organist, Sevier Heights Baptist, Knoxville, TN (where I play
a wonderful Rodgers 967)

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com

Now shipping:  HERITAGE HYMNS for the PR-300 and organ solo...play with a MIDI
Orchestra.