[rodgersorgan] Don't be frightened, it's only Bach...

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:57:48 -0500

I am reminded of the story of the organist who was hired with only one
provision...she wasn't to play Bach. EVER.

Like many organists....she was immediately tempted and decided to list
the titles in the bulletin with the author being John Brook.

Scholars will agree that's the english for you-know-who.

People exclaimed about how much they liked the music of that Brook guy
whenever she played it!

There are two recent additions to our library that you should not be
scared of.  First, the the entire works of Bach for organ...put in the
MIDI Disk, listen to them played on your instrument.  Decide which ones
you want to learn, use the other midi disks to parctice and learn them
hands alone, pedals alona and so on, while the other parts are playing.
  SLow them down with the TEMPO  button on the PR-300 until you can get
them up to speed.  It works!

To get you interested we offer a disk set of Bach Favorites at a
redueced price, even including a CD you may pruchase if you like.
PLease visit Bach By Immersion to learn more.  James Pressler, the wiz
behind all this says that if you wich to buy all 10 disk sets, you are
considered fully Immersed and get a discount.

Then the Bach Sacred Arias and Duets.  Difficulty ranging from easy to
medium.  Of the ten they all shine in their own way.  Buy the book and
the disk.  Play #10, which has a bouncing string bass being played
pizzicato just as Bach intended.  YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PLAY IT AGAIN,
AND AGAIN.  YOU MAY WELL GET A RAISE!

Honestly, if you and your congregation don't love this music, return it
  for a full, complete, no questions asked or fingers pointed refund.
Cheerfully given.

Bach By Immersion - includes MIDI Performance and learning files,
Favorites also offers CD.

Bach Sacred Arias and Chorales - MIDI DIsk and full keyboard score -
these can also be performed from the score as two piano, organ &
harpsichord, two organ duets if you prefer.  Scholarly music that
doesn't sound it.

PS: We also have instroduced a complete guide to learning to play the
Insignia 557 and 577 - 96 pages, including lots of musical examples that
are also service music.  This manual supplements the owners manual and
will save trips out to the church to acquaint the organist with the new
organ.  Does it work? In test marketing it here, we have found that
almost all calls for help have stopped once it was delivered to the
church.  Other calls can easily be handled over the phone by working
through this simple one page per topic guide.

The organist is more confident knowning that they can look up things
when you are not there, adn can easily help them work through things
over the phone with each of you having this manual in hand.

If it saves one trip to the church it pqays for itself immediately. Our
organists tell us that in the development of this book for them it shows
how truly interested we are in their learning to utilize their new organ
to the fullest.  Share in this pleasure!

All books are on the catalog page on the website.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa