[rodgersorgan] Carilloneur passes...

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:19:34 -0400

"To list members:

Jim Lawson, the carillonneur at Riverside Church during and after the
Fox years there, and later at the Crystal Cathedral has died.  Jim was
84 years old and died peacefully in his sleep in his home town of Cody,
Wyoming.  He had moved back home about 6 months ago.

Harry Littman
former Black Beauty Owner"

Harry Littman was kind enough to forward this info to us.

James Lawson was a verym very gracious person...he once loaned his living room
couch to me for the night when I was between lodgings and also arranged for me
to visit and play the carillon at the 1965 World's Fair.

noel

Enter our Free Organ Shoes Contest before November 1st.

New link to Christmas Music at www.frogmusic.com!