[rodgersorgan] Re: CREATING MIDI FILES FOR THE PR-300

  • From: CJBakers@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:28:27 EDT

Noel,
First, I couldn't have figured this out without the help of several list
members.  This truly is a valuable resource for all Rodgers owners!  Second, I
want to address what may be confusion over the 192 TPQN setting.  The maximum
the
PR-300 will record is 120 TPQN.  It does seem tolerant of a slightly higher
setting for playback (thus 192 works). However, I would encourage folks to save
at 120 as well for the simple reason that its easier to remember.
Does this make a difference?  Well, we are talking about subdivisions of
QUARTER NOTES (not measures) so the math works like this: The equivalent of 1
quarter note is 2 eighths (bear with me this is not remedial music).  So to
work
down the scale 1 quarter also = 4 16ths; 8 32nds; 16 64ths; 32 128ths; 64
256ths; 128 512th.

So when you use 120 instead of 192, you are depriving yourself of
approximately 72 512th notes (that's a note with 7 flags for those still
reading).
Unless you've got super fast fingers or are recording an intensely complex
percussion part, you will never miss them.

if this confuses more than helps, let me know and I will try to muddy the
waters some more <grin>

Soon to be published for the Rodgers Organ: Sommer Sonaten für Orgel - Summer
Sonatas for Organ and MIDI Orchestra!