[rodgersorgan] Re: Bassoonitis.

  • From: Mark Huth <pdx_36@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:58:10 -0800 (PST)

I agree with Charlie about the clarity which a 16' Bassoon or
Fagotto adds to the pedal line, especially in Baroque
literature.  Many times, I find this type of stop is perfect for
Bach and Buxtehude, with or without a pedal mixture.

However, I also find the Posaune to be quite useful, especially
when the pedal needs weight or power when used with plenum
manual registrations.  It's amazing how much weight a good
Posaune can add.

One of the great things about many Rodgers organs is that you
can choose either the lighter Bassoon/Fagotto or the heavier
Posaune, depending on what you need.

Mark