[rodgersorgan] Another problem solved (in slightly more than 6 hours)

  • From: CJBakers@xxxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:30:17 -0400

Noel,
I want to reiterate that this list is a great resource for all who have all
sorts of problems.  To refresh the list's memory, I was ready to throw my
PR-300s out the window because I couldn't get anything I wrote in Finale (via
Cakewalk) to play on it.

I got several helpful suggestions and then I got an off-list email from Jim
Merten.  Jim figured out that the number of ticks per second was too high for
the PR-300s to handle and has written a program to lower the setting in the
Midi file.
I was able to figure out with Jim's guidance that Cakewalk allowed me to change
that setting on the fly as well.  The default in Cakewalk 2003 is 960 beats per
second (that's a lot of beats!)  Through experimentation we found that the
PR-300s won't handle more than the setting of 192 per second.

So now, thanks to the list and Jim, I no longer want to rage against my
PR-300s.  I would also encourage all the "lurkers" on the board who have
questions but are afraid the questions are "too stupid" to throw them out here.
 There are plenty of people able and *willing* to help.

Clay