[rodgersorgan] An Administrative Post

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:42:38 -0400

Moderating this list is often fun, but at times it can be difficult.

As a couple of posts just up show, what one person finds of interest and
fitting can be considered off-topic by another.

My guidelines are simple.  Is the message of interest concerning Rodgers
or is it of interest to an organist who may on the list because of a
connection to Rodgers?

One thing that will get a message denied posting is a criticism that
may, in my opinion, be unfounded, or without justifiable fact...or
inflamatory.

A couple of examples:  "XXXXXXXX organs are junk compared to Rodgers."
Remember, friends, one person's junk may be another's treasure.

Almost any message that includes "My local dealer..." will be edited if
it is an unflattering reference. Why?

It is difficult to determine whether such messages are seeking help...or
trying to run down a person trying to do an honest day's work.  I can't
tell, sitting here at the computer keyboard so I cut them.  That's the
rules.

Last week I posted a message that I should not have.  At this point I
would like to apologize to the Rodgers representative who is a very
responsive and helpful rep...who, when he realized there was a problem,
immediately called me, not to criticize me, but to get the contact
number for the customer who had the problem.  This dealer apologized,
having fallen behind due to repeated hospitalizations during the past
year.  Which I was aware of.  But I didn't know who the rep was...

I am still kicking myself....

I have been asked many times if I have ever been pressured by Rodgers
concerning my management of this indepdent users group.  No one from
Rodgers management has been anything but supportive. And that

Let's all Rodgers on....

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa