[roc-chat] Why the Trailer Cleaning Meetings are Important

  • From: Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 10:52:36 -0700

The Board does not run the club.  The Board helps to run the club.
Officially, ROC is a non-profit corporation in California directed by
elected officials, but really it just the same as it was from the
beginning.  A group of people that share a common interest and passion for
rocketry and willingness to help kids and other people that want to get
involved with rocketry.  A club.

*The trailer cleaning meetings are an important part of the club because
without these meetings things would not run smoothly (and safely) at the
launches.*

Fortunately, ROC has grown to a point where it helps many people.  Like
all the Scouts we are expecting at ROCtober.  However, it will not survive
if only a small group of people are the only ones helping run the club.
Sorry, if I'm making a sharp point on this.  So, if you love ROC and can
help at the trailer cleaning meetings or running the launches by
volunteering, you need to do it.

We should all be proud to be members of ROC.

Thank you,
Richard Dierking