[roc-chat] Self-Nominations for ROC 2012 Board Elections are due by June 30th!

  • From: Gregory Lyzenga <lyzenga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, roc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:52:57 -0700

Fellow ROC Members,

Election season is upon us, once again.

The ROC Board would like to sincerely thank David Erbas-White for again
agreeing to serve as our independent Election Chairman this year.  He did the
same job last year and deserves a great deal of thanks!

There are nine ROC Board members, each serving 3-year terms on a rotating
basis. There are three ROC Board seats expiring this year: Rick Magee, Rick
O'Neil, and Ian Walberg will all have their current terms on the ROC Board of
Directors end at ROCstock 36 in November, 2012.

To fill their seats, we are now accepting self-nominations from
prospective ROC Board Members.

Voting rights and eligibility to serve on the ROC Board are limited to paid ROC
"Executive" members, ROC Board members, and ROC "Lifetime" members only. While
ROC "Daily" and "Family" members are welcome to fly with us at any launch, they
are not eligible to vote in ROC elections, nor to run for positions on the ROC
Board of Directors.

So, if you'd like to be eligible to vote in the ROC election, or to run for the
Board, now is the time to pay your annual dues, and become an Executive Member
of ROC.

To self-nominate, prospective candidates for the ROC Board should prepare a
short statement of their qualifications, and mail it directly to David
Erbas-White, our Election Chair.  All candidates are also encouraged to include
a photograph with their statements.

Candidate statements and photographs must be emailed or postmarked
between now and June 30, 2012.

The address for candidate statements and photographs is:

ROC Board Nominations
c/o: David Erbas-White
P.O. Box 323
Lake Forest, CA  92609-0323

Alternatively, candidate statements and photographs may be emailed to:
bigbearrockets@xxxxxxx

Ballots will be printed and mailed out during September to all eligible ROC
Members, along with a copy of the statements and photos submitted by every
candidate.  Candidate statements and photos will also be posted on the ROC web
site.

Completed ballots must also be mailed back to our Election Chair, David
Erbas-White, and must be postmarked no later than November 1, 2012. Late
ballots will not be counted. David will tabulate the election results, and the
results of the election will be announced at a ROC membership meeting to be
held on Saturday, November 10, 2012, at ROCstock 36.  The newly elected board
members will start their terms at that time.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Greg

P.S.  Stand by for announcements in the near future concerning the upcoming
June ROC-Stock and T-shirts, and don't forget to mark your calendars for the
June 2 pre-ROC-Stock work party!

Greg Lyzenga
ROC Vice President - NAR #13295 / Tripoli #12088