[roc-chat] Self-Nominations for ROC 2012 Board Elections are due by June 30th!

  • From: "Ian Walberg" <ian.walberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <roc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 12:49:41 -0400

A reminder as the date is getting close :-

Fellow ROC Members,

Election season is upon us, once again.

The ROC Board would like to sincerely thank David Erbas-White for again
agreeing to serve as our independent Election Chairman this year.  He
did the same job last year and deserves a great deal of thanks!

There are nine ROC Board members, each serving 3-year terms on a
rotating basis. There are three ROC Board seats expiring this year: Rick
Magee, Rick O'Neil, and Ian Walberg will all have their current terms on
the ROC Board of Directors end at ROCstock 36 in November, 2012.

To fill their seats, we are now accepting self-nominations from

prospective ROC Board Members.

Voting rights and eligibility to serve on the ROC Board are limited to
paid ROC "Executive" members, ROC Board members, and ROC "Lifetime"
members only. While ROC "Daily" and "Family" members are welcome to fly
with us at any launch, they are not eligible to vote in ROC elections,
nor to run for positions on the ROC Board of Directors.

So, if you'd like to be eligible to vote in the ROC election, or to run
for the Board, now is the time to pay your annual dues, and become an
Executive Member of ROC.

To self-nominate, prospective candidates for the ROC Board should
prepare a short statement of their qualifications, and mail it directly
to David Erbas-White, our Election Chair.  All candidates are also
encouraged to include a photograph with their statements.

Candidate statements and photographs must be emailed or postmarked

between now and June 30, 2012.

The address for candidate statements and photographs is:

ROC Board Nominations

c/o: David Erbas-White

P.O. Box 323

Lake Forest, CA  92609-0323

Alternatively, candidate statements and photographs may be emailed to:

bigbearrockets@xxxxxxx

Ballots will be printed and mailed out during September to all eligible
ROC Members, along with a copy of the statements and photos submitted by
every candidate.  Candidate statements and photos will also be posted on
the ROC web site.

Completed ballots must also be mailed back to our Election Chair, David
Erbas-White, and must be postmarked no later than November 1, 2012. Late
ballots will not be counted. David will tabulate the election results,
and the results of the election will be announced at a ROC membership
meeting to be held on Saturday, November 10, 2012, at ROCstock 36.  The
newly elected board members will start their terms at that time.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Greg

P.S.  Stand by for announcements in the near future concerning the
upcoming June ROC-Stock and T-shirts, and don't forget to mark your
calendars for the June 2 pre-ROC-Stock work party!

Greg Lyzenga
ROC Vice President - NAR #13295 / Tripoli #12088