[roc-chat] ROCtober, not a burden but an opportunity

  • From: Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:56:48 -0700

In a couple days ROC's going to hold the largest ROCtober the club has held
since it started about 4 years ago.  About 900 kids with their parents and
leaders - maybe more.  Thanks to Mike Kramer and others for promoting the
launch and answering questions from the youth groups over the last few
months.

Although holding a launch for so many kids will be some work, I'm sure
everyone would agree it's really satisfying knowing your helping at such a
worthy cause.  Also, you can look around at the launch and figure many of
ROC's future members and leaders are in this bunch.    ROCtober's a great
opportunity for outreach to these future ROCketeers, and it doesn't hurt to
ask people to get involved in the club; especially when they're having such
a good time.

Think about the number of people this club would need to really make a
difference in the workload.  I know that if there is eight people at a
trailer cleaning meeting, I've been happy.  There are many people looking
for something like rocketry and ROC, we just need to reach them.

Anyway, I hope we get many ROC members volunteering at the launch and
willing to launch their rockets for the kids.

Thank you,
Richard Dierking