[roc-chat] ROCtober

  • From: Rick Dickinson <rtd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 18:31:20 -0700

Just a quick reminder to everyone: ROCtober is this coming weekend, Saturday and Sunday, October 8 & 9, 2011.

Wedge will probably be bringing the trailer out on Saturday morning by 7:00 AM, so remember: the more volunteers that show up early to help set up, the sooner the range can be opened to start flying during the calmest, coolest part of the day.

Unfortunately, I will probably not be able to attend the launch, myself, as my Dad just had quadruple bypass heart surgery today, to repair his clogged coronary arteries. (Fortunately, he made it through the surgery without complications, and is expected to make a full recovery. He should be out of the hospital and back at home some time this weekend.)

In my absence, Wedge will be handling the waiver call-ins at ROCtober. Please be sure to use a red flight card for any flights over 7,000' AGL, and the LCO will have Wedge call the FAA to request a high-altitude window for your flight.

For NAR (and TRA) HPR certification flights or Level 2 tests, please come to the Registration table, as usual, and they will connect you with a witness for your flight and/or a proctor for your test.

Have a good time, and I'll see you all at ROCstock next month!

Cheers,

 - Rick Dickinson
   ROC President