[roc-chat] Re: Pesky Pin Holes

  • From: Robert Braibish <cpovercg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:04:55 -0800 (PST)

This stuff sounds like it is similar to "USC Autobody Icing" - a two part
Polyester putty (image borrowed from vernkdotcom).  If so, I highly recommend
it (and USC) which I have experience with.  The only drawback that I found with
the USC product was that the resin to hardener ratio is like 50:1  if mixing in
small batches, it can be difficult to get a final mix that doesn't set up too
quickly (I ultimately used a digital scale w/ .01 gram accuracy).  It is also
great for "fine tuning" fillets and is very easy to sand.  Not the cheapest
option suggested, ($26-$30) but really good stuff.

Robert