[roc-chat] NSL 2011 Banquet CANCELED

  • From: Greg Lyzenga <lyzenga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, roc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 20:24:37 -0700

IMPORTANT NOTICE: NSL BANQUET CANCELED

The Banquet/Barbecue that was originally scheduled to be held on Saturday
evening, June 11, during NSL 2011, has been CANCELED due to low turnout.

In addition to the cost of catering the food and drinks, an event like this has
a number of fixed costs, including things like venue rental, tables and chairs,
and so on.  Unfortunately, not enough people bought banquet tickets to cover
all of the costs, and therefore we have been forced to cancel the banquet.

ROC apologizes for any inconvenience that this may cause.  We will be issuing
full refunds for all banquet tickets purchased.

The events that had been previously scheduled to take place at the banquet,
including voting for a winner of the in-flight video contest, have been
relocated to the launch site.  We will be projecting the videos on the side of
the ROC trailer on Saturday evening, instead of on a screen at the now-canceled
banquet.

Hopefully, this change means that everyone will now be able to take advantage
of the opportunity for night-flying!

The range will be open after dark on both Friday and Saturday evenings for
night flights.  Night-flight rockets must carry lights that are clearly visible
from launch thru landing, but other than that, there are no other special
requirements.

Greg Lyzenga
ROC Vice President - NAR #13295 / Tripoli #12088