[roc-chat] Re: March Launch

  • From: Kurt Gugisberg <kurtgug@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 11:03:32 -0800

Not a bad idea Robert.  However, most people don't go back to the pad area
to dump there motor casings.  The area around the pads is usually picked up
anyway at the end of the day.  If we could get people to pick up igniter
wires and motor casings that they see laying around, that would help.  They
can take it back to their camps or stick it in their pockets.  Most people
won't do that however.  We have found that the best way to keep the lake
bed clean is to have everyone pick up and and pack out their own trash *and*
pick up anything they see on the ground.   It is real easy to walk by stuff
and think someone else will pick it up but if everyone did that the lake
bed would be a mess.  So if everyone was conscious of the trash around them
and picked up...problem solved.

Kurt