[roc-chat] Re: Kids group build

  • From: Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:33:52 -0700

Estes #2056 Patriot?  I conducted workshops building these with the Girl
Scouts and some at Sally Ride Science Festivals.  My opinion: this kit is
too difficult for 6 year olds.  The balsa fins have to be glued on.  An
easy to build rocket that has a plastic fin can would be better.  Please
don't get my wrong, the Patriot is an excellent rocket kit, just better if
the kids are 12+ years old.

If you are set on this rocket, please let me know, I can offer you some
good tips for the build meeting.

Richard